Journey Platform Developer
PlatformApplicable to all products in Temenos Journey Manager. |
A Journey Platform Developer is responsible for designing and testing the back-end portion of an application built on the Temenos Journey Manager. This includes setting form and organizational properties, creating services that use the Transact Fluent API, as well as third-party APIs to manage, secure, and manipulate data and digital assets. They are also responsible for creating workflows based on business logic, designing and implementing unit and integration tests, documenting functionality and bundling applications for the various Journey Manager instances (Dev, UAT, etc.). In addition, they may be responsible for implementing CSS, CSS-Less, ReactJS or AngularJS design and functionality for form portals.
It is recommended that the developer accomplishes the above tasks following methodology; therefore, an understanding of Agile development methodology is usually required.
To see a list of Temenos Journey Manager platform features specific to the Platform Developer persona, see the Platform Developer user path.
Example tasks of a Platform Developer include:
- Develop and maintain pages to be used as Portal/Dashboard UI screens.
- Develop and maintain Manager service definitions and Transact functions ( scripts).
- Implement business logic using collaboration jobs.
- Version and deploy artifacts using the portal and dashboard in DEV and TEST environments.
- Develop, package and deploy applications using Journey SDK.
Prerequisite Skillset of a Platform Developer
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis, Development and Design using Java and Groovy.
- Experience with , such as Eclipse or IntelliJ, and Journey SDK to build projects using Ant and Maven.
- Understand the principal of continuous integration development.
- Ability to unit test and perform integration testing using Java objects and framework.
- Ability to create services for the Java platform.
- Manipulate data formats such as and .
- Integrate IDEs with .
- Convert business logic to electronic workflows.
- Develop following the agile delivery methodology.
- Debug and optimize code.
- Create custom portals using a variety of programming languages and frameworks (Form Spaces).
- Create secure communication channels using credentials, certificates, and keystores.
- Familiar with SOAP and REST APIs integration.
Objectives and Goals of a Platform Developer
- Design back-end solution of a Journey application.
- Create and maintain Manager service definitions (Groovy scripts).
- Solve technical problems.
- Optimize code.
- Collaborate with other team members.
- Work with the latest technology.
- Become Temenos Journey certified.
Next, learn about the Solution Architect persona.