A/B Test Deployment
An A/B test is considered industry best practice for optimizing a goal based digital experience. The practice arose in digital publishing where, for example, two different versions of an article headline are published to see which one of them gets the most click throughs. Instead of two headlines, Journey Manager allows a financial institution to run two different versions of the same onboarding journey at the same time to see which performs better. A/B testing requires multiple capabilities to be successful, all of which have first-class support by the Journey Manager platform:
- The capability to collect detailed analytics in order to understand user behavior and abandonment (pain points) in an onboarding journey.
- The capability to make rapid changes to the onboarding data collection flow (the applicant facing forms), whilst maintaining a common data model.
- The capability to rapidly (and automatically) test and deploy new versions of the application journey.
- The capability for two or more versions of the same application journey to be deployed in a production system at the same time (the A and B versions).
- The capability for a single URL to be randomly directed to either the A or B version, thus partitioning a live audience.