This package provides capabilities that extend the Avoka Transact platform for users wishing to include eSignature services in their forms using the Docusign services. Signing experiences available include:
Signing will occur within the form, before final submission of the form.
Signing will occur after the form has been submitted, with signing invitations being sent to signatories via email.
To support signing capability this package provides the following components:
A Docusign Tab, supports the placement of docusign related fields anywhere on the form. Current Tab types supported are:
Embedded Signing Ceremony
The embedded signing ceremony component uses an iframe to create an embedded (in-form) signing experience for users.
Process FlowBelow are the process flow diagrams for remote and embedded signing. This gives an insight into the design of the Docusign Exchange Component.
Using the Tabs
Placing a signature block is a simple a placing it on the form. The signature block must then be configured with its signer’s details. At minimum a tab will require a signer's:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
IMPORTANT: All tabs belonging to the same signer MUST contain the same field references, not doing so may create additional signers due to a mismatch in signer details.
Positioning the Tab onto the form can be done in one of two ways
The docusign tab will be placed onto the pdf receipt where the tab was placed onto the form.
The docusign tab will be placed onto the pdf receipt at the pixel location of the page number specified by the parameters "Page Number", "Position X" and "Position Y".
Embedding the signing ceremony
The embedded signing ceremony required minimal configuration, and can simply be placed on the form. The following rules are provided on the form to allow customization of the signing experience :
Allows the form designer to specify a script to run when the signing ceremony has been completed.
Allows the form designer to specify a script to run if the signing ceremony fails (usually due to a signer opting out or declining to sign).
NOTE : The signing ceremony will begin as soon as the signing ceremony is visible.
WARNING : Once the Signing Ceremony has been created it cannot be changed, as changing the contents of the documents would void the signing package.
Delivering the Signed Documents
The Docusign - Delivery Process is provided so completed Docusign Envelopes will be attached to their respective transactions once all signers have completed their signing. The delivery process may be customized by configuring this service to set the delivery channel of the transaction to a new channel once it has finished see the service help documentation for details.
Clients must ensure they are appropriately licensed in order to use this package. Organizations who wish to use this package are required to establish a commercial relationship with DocuSign directly.
This package has the following compatibility requirements:
|Transact Manager||5.0.2 or above|
|Transact Maestro||5.0.14 or above|
To install this package please walk through the following procedure:
- Unzip the package to a directory on your computer
- Import each zip archive found in the services folder to Transact Manager under the Services >> All Services menu item.
- Review the Help Doc tab for each of the imported services and make any required adjustments to service parameters.
- Review the Service Connection requirements under the same Help Doc tab for each of the imported services and make any required configurations to the Service Connection. Service Connections can be configured in Transact Manager under the Services >> Service Connections menu item.
- Import each archive found in the libraries folder to Maestro. Importing these into the Organisation level libraries folder is recommended as this will make the components available to all projects, however they can be imported at the Project level if required.
To configure Docusign please walk through the following procedure:
- Open your form in Maestro and add the Docusign Tab component from the Docusign
category in the Palette. This widget supports two modes, relative and absolute. To use the relative mode, place the Docusign Tab at the desired place on the form.
To use absolute position, change the position field to absolute, set the PDF page number and X and Y coordinates.
NOTE : The Docusign Tab component must be placed on a visible page/container, so it can be rendered and sent to Transact Manager and be used to create the Docusign envelope. If you have a page that is shown on receipt, using the "Show on Receipt" rule, the Docusign Tab component must be placed on a visible page, and be configured as absolute position, with the page number to be the page you show only on receipt.
- Open the Signer Details section, found on the Properties tab of the Docusign Tab component.
And set the field reference of your First Name, Last Name, Email and Mobile fields.
NOTE : You can add more than one Docusign Tab. Follow the same instructions as before, and change the Tab Type property to signature, initial or date. To prevent duplicate XML binding rename the component from Docusign Tab to Docusign Tab initial for example.
- Place on your form the Docusign Signing Ceremony component from the Docusign
category in the Palette. This is where the Docusign iframe is displayed.
NOTE: It is recommended to hide the navigators and headers on the Maestro page which hosts the Document Signing Ceremony. This would avoid change of information after the agreement has been generated.
- Open the Configuration section, found on the Properties tab of the Docusign Signing Ceremony component. And set the height of the Docusign iframe.
- By default the component Docusign Signing Ceremony is triggered when you enter the page. To trigger it based on some condition, add a Visibility rule.
data.areYouAbleToSignNow === true
- Open the Properties tab of the Docusign Signing Ceremony component, and create new rule called On Complete. It allows you to notify the user that the signing ceremony is completed.
- Open the Properties tab of the Docusign Signing Ceremony component, and create new rule called On Failure. It allows you to notify the user that the signing ceremony is failed. Or to display the error message returns from this rule.
To configure the Docusign - Delivery Process to attach the signed receipt to the transaction, please walk through the following procedure:
- Create a new Delivery channel for docusign in Transact Manager, found under Forms >> Organization >> Delivery Channels. Update the Delivery Method field to 'Delivery Process' Update the Delivery Process field to 'Docusign - Delivery Process'. Update the Delivery Process Name and Name fields to 'docusign'.
- Open your form under Forms menu in Transact Manager and set the Production Delivery channel under the details tab to 'docusign'.
- Create a new scheduled job in Transact Manager called 'DocuSign Status Poller' found under System >> Scheduled Job. Update the Service Definition to 'Docusign - Envelope Status Poller'. Set the 'trigger type' to simple, and set the 'Repeat' and 'Repeat Interval' as required.
Version 1.2 Apr 10, 2018
- Error handling, data validation and usage instructions.
- Keep TM session alive as long as the embedded DocuSign signing session is active. A ping request from DocuSign is executed against TM every 5 minutes.
Version 1.1 Jun 28, 2017
- Added support for Maestro 5.1 language translation features.
Version 1.0 Feb 23, 2017
- Baseline release.
A widget for embedding the docusign signing ceremony inside the form
You may add your own logic to handle the following rule types triggered by this component:
- On Complete : A script to run when all signers have completed their signing
- On Failure : A script to run when the signing ceremony has failed and cannot be complete
|Height||Configuration||The height of the iFrame the ceremony will appear in||integer||
|Progress Message||Configuration||The message to display while the agreement is being generated for signing||text||
A component for placing docusign tabs onto the form
|Tab Type||Tab||Select the Tab type
|First Name Field||Signer Details||Form element that contains the signer's first name||fieldRef|
|Last Name Field||Signer Details||Form element that contains the signer's last name||fieldRef|
|Email Field||Signer Details||Form element that contains the signer's email address||fieldRef|
|Mobile Field (Optional)||Signer Details||Form element that contains the signer's mobile number (optional)||fieldRef|
|Authentication Type (Optional)||Signer Details||Select your static authentication preference EMAIL or SMS. Alternatively you can use the 'Authentication Type Ref Field' property to attach a field you created with values EMAIL and SMS. This field can be offered to the user to select from, based on his preferences.
|Authentication Type Ref Field (Optional)||Signer Details||Set a reference to a form element that contains the signer's authentication preference, valid values are EMAIL|SMS||fieldRef|
|Position||Position||How the signature block will be placed on the form
|Page Number (Absolute)||Position||The receipt page number to place the signature||integer|
|Position X (Absolute)||Position||Absolute X position of the signature (pixels)||integer|
|Position Y (Absolute)||Position||Absolute Y position of the signature (pixels)||integer|
|Docusign Email Subject Template||The subject for email delivery from docusign||No||
|Docusign Email Blurb||The blurb for email delivery from docusign||No||
|Docusign Passcode Email From Address||The email address that the passcode email will appear from||No||
|Docusign Passcode Email Subject Template||The subject line for passcode emails||Yes||
|Docusign Passcode Email Body Template||The subject line for passcode emails||Yes||
|envelopeId||The unique ID of the created envelope|
|signers||A list of [signer] objects that were created for this envelope|
|[signer].clientUserId||A unique id created for this signer that will be used to retrieve their signing ceremony|
|[signer].email||The email address of the signer|
|[signer].firstName||The first name of the signer|
|[signer].lastName||The last name of the signer|
|status||The status of the created envelope (will only ever be 'sent')|
|statusDateTime||The timestamp of the last status update|
|uri||The uri location for access this envelope and operations related to it|
|executionStatus||The status of the service execution [
Successful execution will be denoted by a
|Docusign Email Subject||The email subject to display for Docusign email delivery||No||
|Docusign Email Blurb||The email blurb to display for Docusign email delivery||No||
|Final Delivery Channel||The delivery channel to perform final delivery on||No||
|envelopId||the envelope Id to retrieve the signing ceremony||Yes|
|firstName||the first name of the signer to retrieve the signing ceremony||Yes|
|lastName||the last name of the signer to retrieve the signing ceremony||Yes|
|the email of the signer to retrieve the signing ceremony||Yes|
|clientUserId||the client user ID of the signer to retrieve the signing ceremony||Yes|
|authenticationMethod||the method used to authenticate the signer before calling this method||Yes|
|url||the url of the signing ceremony.|
|executionStatus||The status of the service execution [
Successful execution will be denoted by a
|responseContentType||The content type this service returned by the callback (will always be text/html)||Yes||
|Page Template||The template of the callback page||Yes||
The following service connections are used by this package.
Should point to Docusign APIs
|Docusign Username||Should contain your DocuSign account username||Yes|
|Docusign Password||Should contain your DocuSign account password||Yes|
|Docusign Account Id||Should contain your DocuSign account Id||Yes|
|Docusign Integrator Key||Should contain your DocuSign Integrator Key||Yes|